Backgrounds and light

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

sonyalpha

Backgrounds and light

Post by sonyalpha »

I didn't have time to alter any camera or flash settings when I shot this....the fly had landed on a shiny-white plastic compost bag in bright sunshine ........I admit to using Corel-Photo-Paint's ....Smart Photo Fix....button to rescue it to some extent:

I am pleased with the way that my Sony Alpha 300 and the Corel software coped with this extreme lighting:

To my surprise...it works:

Comments very welcome:

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

pbertner

Post by pbertner »

Pretty good, the distractions for me are the hind parts of the wings which look bleached out. The discontinuation of the shadow under the legs is distracting. Are you using a diffuser, you could probably reduce the glare off the iridescent body.

sonyalpha

Post by sonyalpha »

Thank you Paul

I appreciate your feedback:

I posted this shot because I knew that my camera had done a pretty good job in the circumstances:

The fly was sunbathing on a very shiny-white plastic bag at around mid-day in hot sunshine..............I shot quickly so didn't have time to turn the flash off:

I was pleasantly surprised at the result:

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

PaulFurman

Post by PaulFurman »

Flare from the white background can ruin a shot like this, but that seems well handled here. Looks good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic