Hi from Germany

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Klaus

Hi from Germany

Post by Klaus »

Quite a long time I'm a follower of this interesting site - so why not joining?
I live in the Rhein-Main area close to Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden as a database engineer. Photography is my main interest since I got my first camera for my 12th birthday. This is now more than 50 years ago. My Rollei SL 66SE and Zeiss primes were most of the time the equipment I preferred. The preference for Zeiss lenses has not changed when switching from film cameras to DSLRs. I prefer "slow" photography - landscape, nature and macrophotography. To my favorite places on earth belong Iceland and Yellowstone. Macrophotography is my no. 1 now, easy with a big garden and a pond near by I only have to go out. My work horse is currently the Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100 and a Nikon D700.
Klaus
Nikon D700 with all kinds of Zeiss primes, Apo Rodagon, bellows and Nikon lenses

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Hello Klaus,

Welcome to the forum :)

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Welcome aboard Klaus!! Good to see new members here and from all over the world! This truly is a global village we have here!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Welkumme Klaus.
We look forward to seeing what your wonderful glass can produce!
I agree about Iceland - abreathtaking land.

Harold Gough

Re: Hi from Germany

Post by Harold Gough »

Klaus wrote:my favorite places on earth belong Iceland and Yellowstone.
Hello, Klaus. I have yet to visit Yellowstone, the recent history of fires being discouraging, but have been to Iceland and it is amazing (as was the price of beer!). One of the surprising discoveries was that there can be completely still air for many days, such that slow exposures, using a tripod, can be sharp, even of fluffy marsh grass and suchlike. Currently, a (very small) proportion of Iceland is being relocated, very slowly, to the UK!

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. I enjoy being here. In this forums/galleries one can find species from all parts of the wold in high quality and not only what I can find in my garden.
Klaus
Nikon D700 with all kinds of Zeiss primes, Apo Rodagon, bellows and Nikon lenses

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic