Hello from North Wales

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I have one of those Ewa bags. It's a bit like diving with a basketball ball glued to your hand. I couldn't get the image of the other hand being stuck inside a big rock-inhabiting Moray out of my head :shock: .
But yes I don't see why it wouldn't work as Bruce suggests, perhaps even inside-out. You could manipulate the bag and contents to get your subject near the window.

pgk

Post by pgk »

Thanks all. Lots of food for thought posted here! To date I've been trying to build small aquariums out of model car cover boxes (which are made of transparent plastic) with holes cut in them - and a large cover slide siliconed over the hole - its a very messy business making these though! I've shot (with the camera mounted vertically) subjects such as blue-rayed limpets on kelp in Petri dishes, in the past (many years ago) but now prefer to shoot at 1:1 underwater where it is often easier believe it or not. I will have the opportunity to spend a week or so away in Ireland in June when I hope to be able to devote sufficient time to getting to grips with the equipment that I've been building up over the last couple of years and hopefully may have some material at higher magnifications to post after that.
Paul

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic