"Top-29 Very High Res Lens"

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Saul

"Top-29 Very High Res Lens"

Post by Saul »

Hello,

Anybody tried this lens ?
http://www.ukaoptics.com/new_top-29.html
I called them, lens price is $83, adapter - $30.

Mounting also available:

Saul
Last edited by Saul on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Haven't tried it, but isn't 200lp/mm for an f3 lens not that great? They don't say the magnification, nor the MTF they measure against, so you can't really judge. Also, the resolution drops by a whopping 50% at the corners of a 8.8x6.6mm sensor.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I have no experience with this lens. 6 elements and coated, is a good sign. The +-5% spec for focal length seems large; I don't know what to make of that. I wouldn't worry too much about the corner falloff because that looks to be specified at infinity focus. For macro use you'd reverse the lens at probably 5X and then on APS-C you'd be using only about the central 4.5x3 mm of the nominal 8.8x6.6 mm field.

--Rik

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

The optical scheme seems to be a double-Gauss made slightly asymmetric, so the lens may be optimized for infinity or closer-than-infinity focusing distance and a magnification different from 1x (as opposed to 1:1 reproduction, which typically uses a wholly symmetric design). This also means it may be worth testing the lens in both orientations to find out which is better for a given magnification.
--ES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic