spring cleaning Nikon Objectives, Apo Componon, 28mm nikkor

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JLyle

spring cleaning Nikon Objectives, Apo Componon, 28mm nikkor

Post by JLyle »

This is a collection of personal gear that I have decided to sell because in many cases it is redundant or has been replace with other lenses that I use more and/or are more versatile.

All prices are at or below what I paid. In the case of the 28mm nikkors and the 45mm apo componon the prices are half what I paid because I bought them years ago when they all carried much higher prices. I priced them at or below what recent examples of the same items in the same conditon sold for on ebay.

OBJECTIVES are sold. pending payment.

The above objectives are all 210mm tube length. The WD I give for them when the shroud is removed is approx. because I never actually got around to mounting these particular objectives.

I did at one point have another 5X BD that I did have mounted and did shoot with but I sold it back when I got a 4X plan apo. I wish I had measured the working distance when I had it but never did. It was not quite as good as the nikon 4X plan apo, but then again the plan apo is kind of in a class by itself and priced accordingly.

45mm F4 Apo-Componon HM with ring setup for the front to clear aperture lever and take the front thread from 43mm up to 49mm from 49mm you should easily be able to find any number of ways via rings to attach this to your particular setup $225

I have several Apo-Componons and have always much preferred them over El-Nikkor and apo rodagon. They don't seem to have any significant difference from one copy to the next as is common in my experience with the 50mm El-Nikkor.

Back in the film days I tested inumerable Nikon lenses in reversed position. Next to the 55mm F3.5 micro I found the 28mm F3.5 H and H-C versions only to be superior optics for reversed close up work. All the other nikon wideangles I tested reversed whether they were other faster, newer versions of the 24mm, 28mm, 35mm lenses I always found the 28mm F3.5 to be the best. Which was quite surprising since for landscape work the 28mm F3.5 was arguably the worst wide angle nikon made. But reversed it came into its own. These are the last 2 that I have and I only have them because they were the best of the different copies I tested over the years. I am asking only $45 for the H version since it has a funky focusing ring issue as it is not smooth but it works. And really it doesn't matter at all for reversed bellows work. The H-C is worth considerably more because it has more value on the collector market. In terms of image quality in reversed position they are top notch.

28mm F3.5 Nikkor-H $45

28mm F3.5 Nikkor-H-C $75 SOLD

$7 for shipping anywhere in the USA. More if being sent internationally. I will certainly allow return for 10 days after you recieve the lens. I will take paypal, or you can send payment via snail mail.

Glass on all lenses is nice. I don't see any scratches, etc. But I did not examine each lens under a microscope.

I will also e-mail photos of the lenses themselves to anyone who is seriously interested. Just PM me your e-mail address.

JLyle

Post by JLyle »

The objectives are sold.

The 45mm apo componon is sold.

And the newer 28mm F3.5 is sold.

ONLY the 28mm F3.5 Nikkor H for $45 remains unsold.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the interest.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic