Creating Folder Toolbars On Your Desktop

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Harold Gough

Creating Folder Toolbars On Your Desktop

Post by Harold Gough »

OK, I will probably turn out to be the last person on the planet to discover this but here goes anyway:

I had created some Desktop shortcuts to very important folders, to which I may need regular access, and was tidying my Desktop. I wanted the shortcuts at the top of the screen and dragged them up there. In doing so I dropped a couple of them right at the top edge.

I then found a toolbar (I didn't recognise it as such at first) across the top of the Desktop, with inner folders shown where appropriate, and a drop-down menu. It then found I could click on files or folders (the shortcuts related only to the outer folders, the latter show as names only on their toolbar) and view their contents. This was particularly useful with Outlook Express messages which had been accidentally deleted and restored outside my e-mail application (the recovery software's choice). Clicking on individual messages launches it.

By clicking on the Desktop you can choose to hide of close the toolbar components selectively but it seems that you may have to create any removed again, by dragging and dropping the shortcuts. if you need them.

This is in Windows XP.

Perhaps this may help someone.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic