Utility to automation of frames for stacking

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

Clever setup :) You haven't seen any problems with the magnets slipping ? I usually find that they are not much good at rotational couplers. I built a similar setup for a friend but we ended up using Velcro to couple the drive motor to his microscope knob. Perhaps my magnets weren't strong enough or the stage movement was too sticky.
rgds, Andrew

"Is that an accurate dictionary ? Charlie Eppes

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

AndrewC wrote:Clever setup :) You haven't seen any problems with the magnets slipping ? I usually find that they are not much good at rotational couplers. I built a similar setup for a friend but we ended up using Velcro to couple the drive motor to his microscope knob. Perhaps my magnets weren't strong enough or the stage movement was too sticky.
Andrew,

The magnets that I am using are:
Magcraft super strong magnets, neodymium-iron-boron rare earth magnets.

I am using the derin ring that came between magnets, I had to sand the delrin ring to get the right torque. I use the magnets to have some kind of clutch system that allow me to move the fine focus when the motor is coupled.

Rogelio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic