novoflex bellows

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rocketpat

novoflex bellows

Post by rocketpat »

Hi all,
I was given a Novoflex bellows unit and would love to use it, but I need to change the camera and lens mounts.

I am also a little confused, because on their website this unit looks just like what they term 'automatic bellows unit'- except that the knobs are silver not fancy-shmancy anodized blue- but there is no way that there is going to be anything automatic about it! Also, under that catagory there are no interchangeable mounts...those are under the rounded blue-colored bellows.

Is it possible to canabalize an old lens?

Thanks in advance,

Pat

elf

Post by elf »

The automatic refers to the electronic connection between the lens and the camera.

What mounts are currently on the bellows and what do you want to change them to?

rocketpat

novoflex bellows mount

Post by rocketpat »

Thanks for the reply,

I realize that automatic refers to electrical connection between lens and body, and there is no way that is going to happen with this bellows. I was merely confused because the one i have is so much like the picture from their site...and because it is obviously manuel, I would suspect that they would offer many different mounting plates.

I shoot on Nikon, which is what I would like to change it to. I'm not sure what the current plates are...some screw moount system.

Thanks again,

Pat

elf

Post by elf »

I'd start by determining exactly which mount is on the bellows. Measure the inside diameter and the number of threads per millimeter/inch. Once you have it measured, you should be able to find it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount

If you're lucky, someone will already be making adaptors for the mount. If not, contact Novoflex and ask them what options are available.

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Here is another lens mount recognition website:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

lothman

Re: novoflex bellows

Post by lothman »

the automatic bellows I have transmits the 2 aperture (spring opening and aperture setting) levers mechanically from the body to the lens. No electronic contacts.

I once had a cheap to get Minolta MD version, but Novoflex told me that there is no possibility to convert it to another mount. IMO it's easier to hunt for the right version in ebay than to do such fine mechanics.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic