I've not been around much....

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

I've not been around much....

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

The past few months I've been doing more landscape shooting than macro, plus I traveled for over three weeks of the past month--A neat vacation, plus a work trip I couldn't get out of even though I wanted to.

I did make it on a personal vacation to Italy and Slovenia, and attended a landscape workshop with Guy Edwardes and Marko Trebusak in Slovenia. Afterwards I spent a couple of days shooting with Marko. We tried to photograph European brown bears (like the grizzly in North America) with no success, but went into a wonderful cave where I shot some cavescapes, and actually did some macro work! I'll have some macro shots of cave-living bats, moths, and other critters to post here once I've gone through my shots--I'm hitting the landscapes first, check out the landscape and elements of humankind forums on naturescapes.net if you are burning to see my stuff from there. I also did more normal tourist stuff in Venice, which is an amazing place!

But I'm okay, I'm still around, still shooting some macro, and I'll be back! (When the weather gets cold I'll probably go back to the zoo for more snake shots!). :wink:
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Glad to hear from you Mike, been wondering where you have been or what happened to you. Will be looking forward to some of those cavescape macros. :D

Epidic

Post by Epidic »

I guess you got to change your user name.
Will

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic