Chalybion californicum

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Graham46

Chalybion californicum

Post by Graham46 »

This wasp was collected outside my work. A Chalybion californicum, or "blue mud wasp". I have am drawn toward blues, greens, and purples in nature, and this critter has all three.
Shot with canon 100mm macro, ISO 100, 1/125 @ f/8. 39 frames stacked with ZS Pmax with minor retouching.

Thanks for looking
Semper cogitatio
Graham

AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

Amazing colours :) How do you cope with oof haloes when shooting on a black background , or do not they not appear for this depth/magnification of stack ?

I find them a nightmare when shooting with a say a 10x objective against a black background :(

Andrew

Graham46

Post by Graham46 »

Thanks Andrew. For me, oof focus haloes are rarely a problem. I always use the black background and if I do see some problems, I do my best to get rid of them using the built in retouching in ZS. After that, I find that adjusting "curves" in photoshop, and using the clone stamp tool will take care of anything left behind. I am usually willing to take as much time as I need to make an image look as good as possible! :smt024
Semper cogitatio
Graham

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic