High-traffic macro video on YouTube

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

High-traffic macro video on YouTube

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ken's recent posting prompted me to look at YouTube for the first time ever. (Those are impressive model airplanes!)

But then a few other things caught my eye, like this 'MANTIS NINJA' VS 'DAMSELFLY'!_ ONE GETS EATEN ALIVE!!!.

What blows my socks off about that one are the statistics: Added July 13, 2006; Views: 409,572; Comments: 1064.

True, the comments seem a bit, um, below the quality of what we're used to here. :wink: And one of them suggests that this flick somehow got special status: why is this featured? its interesting but please...were all sick of these short animal wonder videos youtube!

Still, what a view count :shock:

Kinda like getting your 15 seconds on CNN, without even having to break any laws, and getting a url for the reruns!

--Rik

PS. Searching YouTube for "macro" gets you mostly video game stuff. Who would have guessed?!

PPS. Scanning down the hit list, I see that the view counts for our sort of macro stuff are typically one or two hundred. Some guy going by the username of "lucasberg" gets a few more...

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Argggh! Poor damselfly! :( By the way did you see the Mouse (Harry) vs. the big ol'Tarantula? I couldn't bear to look. 8-[

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

I have a couple of vids of my Tarantula up there(as well as some of the kids), but there is some dodgy stuff on there too!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

:shock: Ad first I didn't see mantis before she snatched damselfly. What a fast convulsion. I captured my "Tigress" mantis snatching a fly still buzzing in the air. Well, not video but photo sequence. I'm going to post it soon. :D
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic