Canon 1D Mark IIN

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

salden

Canon 1D Mark IIN

Post by salden »

I did it. I purchased the camera. Should be at my house by end of week. I am really excited about it. Ok, ok, it is not the 1DS, but almost cost enough for me.

I will now have to sell my D60. I will keep the 20D for a backup camera, but I will miss my D60.

As soon as it arrives, I will give a test run and post what I think and if it is worth the money.
Sue Alden

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

My dream camera,I'm not jealous at all!
=P~

I'd settle for a 350D(or the D60 if i had the money!)

Have fun with this excellent piece of kit! If you need help using it just mail it to me, about 6 months should do :wink:
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

salden

Post by salden »

Cyclops wrote:My dream camera,I'm not jealous at all!
=P~

I'd settle for a 350D(or the D60 if i had the money!)

Have fun with this excellent piece of kit! If you need help using it just mail it to me, about 6 months should do :wink:
From what I understand, I might need help carrying it :lol: My 70-200L IS is heavy by itself and now the camera weight. Must be one heck of a battery.

I will post the specs on the D60 as soon as I get it together to give members here first shot at it. I like the D60. It captures some really great colors. It is just a bit slow now compared to the 20D.
Sue Alden

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

You know they say what goes around comes around.
We start off with heavy Zeniths that are built like tanks, progress up through various plastic bodied wonders and end up with a heavy camera built like a tank. Albeit a lot more advanced than a Zenith!
(My first slr was a Zenith TTL)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

twebster

Post by twebster »

WooHoo Sue :!: :D

Good for you :!: I just know you are going to love the camera and you will put it to good use. :D

Best regards as always, my friend :!: :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Congratulations Sue! :D I hope all your lenses do match. Speaking about carrying equipment... we have some donkeys on our isles. :lol:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Don't know about plastic camera's having got lighter. I used a solid metal professional Nikon F2 Photomic for many years and when I changed to a prosumer Nikon D200 digital it was a lot heavier. The modern equivalent professional camera the Nikon D2Xs is heavier still than the D200! The thing is most of the old camera's did not have built in motordrives, so if you did not need that facility there was no need to carry that surplus weight around.

I note many ladies changing to high end digitals from lighter consumer models are now complaining these are heavy to lug around. By the end of the year Sue you should have biceps like Popeye!

I just bought a 70-180 micro nikkor and it weighs nearly 2 pounds. With that strapped on the camera you know you are carrying it! I often wonder how these people using 500mm-1000mm telephotos go on. Do they hire bearers or what?

There is a review of your camera here Sue:-

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0508/05082 ... dmkiin.asp

DaveW

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

DaveW wrote: I used a solid metal professional Nikon F2 Photomic for many years and when I changed to a prosumer Nikon D200 digital it was a lot heavier. The modern equivalent professional camera the Nikon D2Xs is heavier still than the D200! DaveW
Ive never used or even held a Nikon but they reckon their F6 film camera is even heavier!

salden

Post by salden »

It's Here. It's Here..now if only I had a forklift to get it out of the box... :lol:
Sue Alden

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

We are eager to see the photographs. :D
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

"It's Here. It's Here..now if only I had a forklift to get it out of the box... "

You mean you did not get the motorised set of wheels for it! :shock: :o :lol:

Hope you get some great shots.

DaveW :wink:

twebster

Post by twebster »

I hope you are enjoying the camera as much as I do, Sue. Your next purchase needs to be the 600 f 4L to go with the camera :!: :D

Best regards as always, my friend :!: :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic