Urania riphaeus wing scales 20x & 40x

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Many thanks for that Eric, the import duties won't be too much on a $50 item as long as the postage is not too excessive. (The low pound/dollar rate is not helping at the moment though!)

I'd also be interested in seeing more of your setup! (I don't actually use the Canon twinflash as I am an Olympus user, but I do use the Olympus equivalent model - the STF-22 twinflash).

Eric F

Urania riphaeus wing scales 20x & 40x

Post by Eric F »

You're most welcome Laurie - but it may all be to no avail. The item was not on the Surplus Shed website today, so they may be gone (should check with the 'Shed though). At present, I do not know where else these many decades-old fiber optic guides might be available (I found this source by googling, after seeing Pete Ganzel's interesting site). So, sorry for what may be a 'false alarm.' I will still go ahead to show my setup when I get the chance to photograph some of the items (maybe next week).

Twinflash confusion! You know, it seems that a lot of Canon's macro stuff (very good, I think) was first thought-up by Olympus many years ago...

Triptoph

Post by Triptoph »

When I saw these images my jaw fell open. I've never seen anything like it; simply stunning! It also pushed me to register for this forum to write this! May I ask where you found/bought the moth to photograph?
- Tony

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Hi Tony,

Thanks! I'm sure you'll like it here! :) I think that specimen came via eBay..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic