Canon 90mm TS-E For Macro

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Harold Gough

Canon 90mm TS-E For Macro

Post by Harold Gough »

My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

mgoodm3

Post by mgoodm3 »

I use the Nikon 85 PC micro on a daily basis for close-up work. Great lens although it only focuses to 1:2 (better than the Canon which is ~1:3.5). If you want to image something that is at an angle there is no substitute. The amount of tilt tends to be limited (+/- 8 deg) and the range of angles you can tilt the focus plane will decrease as the mag increases.

I have become less of a fan of extension tubes for adding a small amount of mag, that is, if you have an alternative. I found a 77mm Canon 500D which gives a little extra magnification without the aperture loss (and less associated image quality loss) of the tube.

You can get the same effect by asing a tilt and shift bellows (Nikon PB-4).

rovebeetle

Post by rovebeetle »

mgoodm3 wrote:I use the Nikon 85 PC micro on a daily basis for close-up work. Great lens although it only focuses to 1:2 (better than the Canon which is ~1:3.5). If you want to image something that is at an angle there is no substitute. The amount of tilt tends to be limited (+/- 8 deg) and the range of angles you can tilt the focus plane will decrease as the mag increases.

I have become less of a fan of extension tubes for adding a small amount of mag, that is, if you have an alternative. I found a 77mm Canon 500D which gives a little extra magnification without the aperture loss (and less associated image quality loss) of the tube.

You can get the same effect by asing a tilt and shift bellows (Nikon PB-4).
Same here - I use it quite often for macro work, also with the 500D which is an excellent combination.

Cheers
Harry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic