A few abstracts

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Aynia

A few abstracts

Post by Aynia »

A drop of red wine anyone?

The Mad Eye..

Bubble Bubble..

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Cool stuff Aynia. I was beginning to think I was the only one that photographed stuff other than bugs ;)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

nto

Post by nto »

Aynia, excellent color harmony.
Antonio

Michigan Michael

Post by Michigan Michael »

Very nice photos, Aynia. Can you share your techniques with us?

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Michigan Michael wrote:Very nice photos, Aynia. Can you share your techniques with us?
Rather experimental! I followed a link in another section of this forum and came across the idea you could take photos of drops of oil and water on a cd!

However since I didn't really know what to do... I decided oil and water might be a bit boring so I did oil and a bit of redwine.

Also with the cd I started by trying washing up bubbles. They were totally useless but I think there are reminents of the bubbles in the mad eye.

I used off camera flash (i have one photo where you can see the cord reflected) and tried all different angles. Some caught the colours and others were quite plain. (Don't ask which position got which effect!). I'll probably try it again as it was fun.

Tiny little white cat hairs on the cd came out as white/light blemishes. :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Great use for old CDs!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

nirwa

Post by nirwa »

Very impressive series. I like the second most.
Nice work !
Amateur macro shooter and cacti grower.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic