Spider

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Spider

Post by Ken Ramos »

I don't do spiders much... 8-[

EOS 20D
EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM :D

P_T

Post by P_T »

Now I'm pretty sure that's a wolf spider. Very nice!! Where did you take this photo? not your backyard I hope. :D

Do you find it harder to take photos of some non orb weaving spiders like this one compared to insects? coz I do. Their rather bland colours as well as their environment makes it harder to compose a good shot.

Btw, I read one of your old post that mentioned you used to live in the Philippine, and you also have a Philippino sounding last name, are you Pinoy?

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

P_T asked:
...you also have a Philippino sounding last name, are you Pinoy?
:lol: No but a good number of people thought that I was! :lol: There were a vast number of families there in the islands with my last name and I fit right in among them. Wonderful people the filipinos, I miss my friends there and still think of them from time to time. I lived in the Philippine Islands for 6 yrs. while in the US Navy and they had to drag me back to the states, screaming and hollering by my heels! I did not want to come back here but here I am and just as well I suppose. Though I do miss that ice cold San Miguel! :lol: Ah, yes I do have some fond memories of island life. :D

I do not photograph spiders that much to honestly answer your question and yes this was taken in my backyard. I am arachnaphobic anyway but every so often get brave enough to get close to one and take a shot or two, though I am warming up a little to "jumpers." :lol: While in the Philippines, I was bitten by a very large Banana Spider and still have the scar as a remembrance and that only added to my phobia. :roll:

Thanks P_T :D

salden

Post by salden »

Good one Ken. Looks like you are overcoming your phobia :D . And, who could not love those little jumpers?
Sue Alden

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic