Leftovers

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

Leftovers

Post by beetleman »

This is what is left after you are digested by a Venus Flytrap, Dionaea muscipula.
These plants have overwintered here in New Hampshire for two years now in my garden bog I built next to my small pond (4'x4'). They are native to North Carolina USA. The only thing I do is mulch them with leaves (about 10" worth) and uncover them in the spring. I Remember when I first moved up here to New Hampshire, they listed us in the southern edge of Zone 4 and now they have us at a good solid Zone 5 on the USDA growing Zone map. http://mgonline.com/zonemap.html
Just a side note...I use Vista Home Premium 64 bit (very happy with it) and one of the great features it has is the fact you can right click on your picture and select properties and it will list the Camera used, date, Fstop, ISO, Exposure, flash and all the other little goodies without being in any kind of software. Very media friendly.

400D, Canon 100mm Macro
F/6.3, ISO100, 1/60s
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

It's been a long time since we had a "theme week." Maybe we should begin with a "What's Eating You" series. :lol: I notice that even the flies eyes are sunk in. Let us be glad that these plants are relatively small, eh? :D

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Definitely a very interesting photo.

I'd no idea what to expect with leftovers.!!! :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Doug, I was going to ask you this in a PM but there may be others with the same question and since you are running Vista, your software disc for the 400D, does it specify Windows Vista or just Windows? I was thinking over a new laptop or notebook but was worried that Vista may not support my 20D and 30D software or anything else I have been running on XP. I would assume that if the or my software installs the necessary drivers, then everything should work as on Windows XP but there are many horror stories going around about Vista not running such programs. What da' ya know :?: :-k :roll:

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Well Ken, I did not load the Canon Software on the computer because I use other software for editing my pictures. I have Paint shop Pro & Photoshop elements. Vista already had the drivers for the camera and automatically recognizes the 400D. Windows Vista also has it’s own gallery software built in with some basic editing selections (I don’t use it). Canon has all the software for downloading for Vista Basic 32 bit & 64bit on their website and Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 for Vista and from what I am reading on the net is that things have settled down quite a bit for users. All the little troubles I used to have with games and such have disappeared. I cannot vouch for the ancient software you use, :wink: but you might find an update (will probably work anyway) for it or you might even have to buy the latest version and join the modern software age. :D
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/contr ... dDetailAct
If you select Vista64 in the "Select OS" dropdown list, it looks like it even includes the Canon Raw codecs built in (Regular Vista32bit you can download them)
"Do Not Fear The Vista"
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Moebius

Post by Moebius »

I have the Vista 32 bit OS as well as Canon 30D drivers, Photoshop 3, Canon Digital Photo Professional, & Lightroom. I have had no Vista compatibility problems whatsoever.

Ken

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks guys, that is good to know. Now maybe I can concentrate on getting a new notebook. But my desktop will always be XP. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic