After a long absence...

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Moebius

After a long absence...

Post by Moebius »

Haven't posted in a long time (you may remember me from the 75+ segment Amazon series a couple years ago); developing my style and further perfecting my technique.

Here are just a few recent pics from my backyard Wildflower garden

The two pics below are of a fly smaller than a long-legged fly but slightly larger than a gnat. Did not see the mites on him until I reviewed the pics.

All taken with Canon 30D, Sigma 150mm, full set of extension tubes, 580EX w/ diffuser.

Ken Nelson

salden

Post by salden »

Hi Ken and yes you are remembered. Beautiful images and I hope to see more. The last two are very interesting. I have never seen anything like that.
Sue Alden

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ken, welcome back!

Those last two pictures are interesting. I'm thinking it might be a couple of mites hitching a ride on that little fly.

--Rik

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Hello Ken (I got my hand out) really nice to see you again. :wink: I like the composition of the first one and the fly with the Mites (?) are fantastic and different. I wonder how they sneak up on the fly and hitch a ride :-k . Hve you gone on any great trips lately? Actually your last post was # 89
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... ght=amazon
:wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Looks to me like it mite be some kind of tiny beetle but it probably is a mite. Of course one mite never know what one mite come across these days. :-k Interesting shots by the way, welcome back there Ken. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic