3 more from last year...

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lauriek

3 more from last year...

Post by lauriek »

Still not been shooting outside much, nice day today but too warm to get near enough to the bugs! So here's three more from last summer which I don't think I've posted here before!

A small heath butterfly (I think!)

Rhododendron leafhopper

Bumble bee of some sort

In fact that first butterfly is older than last year...

Last two shot with Olympus E1, Olympus 35mm digital macro lens, twinflash. I think the first was probably shot with an Olympus E20 and possibly one or two stacked Nikon diopters, in natural light.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

These look pretty nice. :D DOF seems to be right on, though the first image of the butterfly could have been stopped down more I think but then again the butterfly itself is soft and fuzzy so the DOF does, in away, complement the subject. Leaf hoppers can be difficult to photograph sometimes because of their size but seems as though you captured this one quite well and again the DOF seems to be right where it should as so the or what appears to be the head of a bumble bee. Composition and lighting look nice in all three but just about, yet not quite blown in or on the hoppers forehead or nose in the second image but then again that is how it appears on my laptop monitor though still detail remains in that area. :D

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

I love the DOF in the first one. Works very nicely.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic