Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

doktorstamp

Post by doktorstamp »

After discussion with Graham (a member here) I have looked around and post some arm twisting, but not too much decided to join.

My employment is varied and some would say chequered; such that some days I will be driving an artic, on others translating or lecturing, or simply whiling away the time researching.

My interests include philately, painting and photography, with the latter two I generally concentrate on flora.

No luddite, I am still using film, but have purchased a Fuji 6.5MB digi camera. The other photographic gear is all from Canon. Focal range of my lenses is from 16mm to 800mm. Enough tripods to equip a shop and a variety of other accessories.

On the use of terminology, (I have read the thread), I am certain to go awry, just bear with me whilst I march up the learning curve and fit in. Just trying to preempt the stoning or having to wear a sackcloth!

regards to one and all

Nigel

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Welcome Doktor! I don't think there will be any stonings, we're mostly a friendly bunch! :)

Are you driving a truck into London today in protest about the fuel prices? :)

What's the Fuji digital camera you've got, a point and shoot or a DSLR?

doktorstamp

Post by doktorstamp »

Its a small Fuji Finepix Point and shoot effectively but looks more like a dslr and has a good facilities for controlling the picture it takes, ie P, Av, S etc, on board flash is basic, and no facility to connect an external flash that I have yet discovered, however relatively pleased with it.

My other cameras are EOS 3 and 1N with a 30 I use for knock about

regards

Nigel

Danny

Post by Danny »

Well welcome Nigel and just jump in when you feel like it mate. That Graham guy is nothing but trouble anyway 8) :lol:

All the best Nigel, a pleasure.

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

I heard that Danny!!

Anyway, glad you joined, Nigel - no doubt bump into you over a beer or a curry (more likely, both) over the next few days.

Cheers,
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Nigel,

Welcome aboard!
Just trying to preempt the stoning or having to wear a sackcloth!
Not a concern here! I think you'll find this a pleasant place to hang out from time to time.

Charlie

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yes, welcome aboard Nigel. :D No, no stonings here. However, I always thought the "stocks" were kind of novel. :lol:

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Stocks? - I do believe we still have some in the centre of Horsham...
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic