Obelisking dragonfly at RVGS

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Obelisking dragonfly at RVGS

Post by rjlittlefield »

And what, you ask, is "RVGS"? Well, that would be the Rogue Valley Genealogical Society in Phoenix, Oregon (near Medford). I confess, RVGS is really quite unrelated to the picture, except that this little blue dragonfly happened to be perching over the drainage ditch on the other side of the street, while I waited for the RVGS to open. (Let me think about this... shoot macro or search old records for wife's relatives, shoot macro or search records, shoot macro or ... oh, shoot! (Then search!) :D )

A most cooperative little fellow, about 1-1/2" long.

--Rik

Natural light, Canon Digital Rebel, Sigma 18-125mm at 125, closest focus, handheld, 1/500 at f/11, about 50% crop.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Nice shot Rik. :D It's a good thing we humans don't do things like that :roll: Often thought about chasing down some of my ancestors but I guess there somethings one really doesn't need to know. Besides the stack of photos on the ring board at the post office is rather large. :lol:

salden

Post by salden »

Nice capture. I would decide on the Macro too. You are seldom disappointed in Macro. On the other hand, relatives... :roll:
Sue Alden

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I love those blue eyes...reminds me of Cancun.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Nicely done. Isn't it great how so many dragonflies and damsels are a nice powder blue?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic