Another pair of small cerci or... - fun for Betty added

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MacroLuv

Another pair of small cerci or... - fun for Betty added

Post by MacroLuv »

... or some part of reproductive organ.? :-k
Look at cropped picture... near the "regular" ones.

Model Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Date/time original 12.06.2007 11:56:19
Shutter speed value 1/250 s
Aperture value f/9
ISO speed ratings ISO 200
Focal length 100 mm

Last edited by MacroLuv on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Really like the colors and details in this Nikola, nice background too. :D That maybe the ovipostor :?: (spelling? :roll: ) in the second photograph. :-k

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Thanks Ken! :D
Hmmm... ovipositor should be stronger I think? :-k

And here is fun for Betty:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as 'Euro-English' .

In the first year, 's' will replace the soft 'c'. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard 'c' will be dropped in favour of 'k'. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome 'ph' will be replaced with 'f'. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent 'e' in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing 'th' with 'z' and 'w' with 'v'.

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords kontaining 'ou' and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Yes, these segmented appendages are the cerci.
Generally, in Mantodea the ovipositor is only weak and short as they lay an amount of eggs and then form an ootheca from glandular secretions around it.

Nikola - :lol: The outcome of this language transformation somehow reminds me of some comedy programs on British telly and radio where, when they pick on Germans, they usually call them "Hans" "Fritz" or "Helga" , and sen sey heff sem speakk wis such a strrronkk Gerrmann aksent like siss. :lol:

--Betty

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Geez...I did lucky to get a "D" in English while in school, let alone all this. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic