Backyard Series #42 (2 portraits)

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Michigan Michael

Backyard Series #42 (2 portraits)

Post by Michigan Michael »

Here are two "portraits in profile" taken at the Detroit Zoo. They sort of complement each other, so I present them together.

The first photo is a Cuban Knight anole. On previous trips this fellow was always obscured by branches or leaves, but this time he was quite obliging. This photo was taken through glass.

The second photo is an African white-faced whistling duck. He was very cooperative and let me approach to within inches. I was informed by a care-taker that there were 3 of these ducks in the aviary, but the two others had paired off and this one was feeling a bit bewildered at being "abandoned" by his comrades . Well, we've all been there! If anyone knows of a SW-FFWD (single white-faced female whistling duck) who is looking for a companion, please contact the Detroit Zoo.

Michael

D200, D300, or D2x
with
60mm Nikkor, 105mm VR Nikkor, or 180mm Sigma

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Would not have known the anole was taken behind glass had you not mentioned it Michael, well done. As for that whistling duck...never heard of one until now :-k and I did not know ducks "whistled." Poor thing, it's a lonely life, maybe it should post something in the personals. :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic