My Current Micro Setup

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gpmatthews

My Current Micro Setup

Post by gpmatthews »

Here is a picture of my current setup. The microscope is the Zeiss Standard GFL with Leitz ICT substage. Illumination is via a fibre optic "Y" cable, one leg of which takes a 100 W light source, the other leg collects the flash from the camera (Canon Powershot S50, not shown). The fibre optic feeds directly into the lamp housing at the back of the microscope. I use Breeze Systems PSREmote software for remote shooting with a mouse footswitch for release. This software has a very useful preview feature, but because image transfer and control of the camera from a laptop increases time between shots, for rapid shooting I still use a pneumatic release with a home made footpedal improvised from a 50 ml syringe (the original bulb soon split). PSRemote gives me live preview, but I also use a small LCD video monitor. The laptop is part of my home wireless network.

The camera adapter is home made, and although it looks crude is lightweight and works well. It is mated to the microscope by a Pentax microscope adapter. Details are on my website. There is a port opposite the inbuilt camera flash that takes the fibre optic feed.
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

PeglegOS

Post by PeglegOS »

Very nice. A lot of work and thought went into that.

BTW, where's your website?
Revelation III Compound
Nikon D50
Canon A10
Canon A1
Mamiya RB67 Pro

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

http://www.gpmatthews.nildram.co.uk

(see also www button below)

Cheers
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic