Wild Heerbrugg M5a

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Marc T

Wild Heerbrugg M5a

Post by Marc T »

I stumbled across Wild Heerbrugg M5a before Christmas does anyone have a manual for it. I did own an Wild Heerbrugg M8 which came with the phototube model 4014891. I also have for my meiji phototube MA512 - Photo-eyepiece 2.5X. Can these two be used together?

Thanking in advance, if this cannot be dealt with here could you point me in the right direction

Regards Marc
_
Thanks in advance of your help

Marc

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

Hi Marc,

The manual for the M5A isn't currently available for free online but the manual for the M5 is useful as they have the same/similar (?) design and some of the components are interchangable (even if the exterior is different).

There is a very nice overview here: http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/art ... rbrugg.pdf

which also states that: "The M5 and its derivatives the M5A and M5D, see below, have optical paths further apart than do those of other Wild stereomicroscopes. Thus, many accessories are specific to the M5 series, e.g., any accessory placed between the body and head of these stereomicroscopes, as well as the binocular heads themselves."

So the M8 phototube won't fit. However, the phototubes for the M5 and the Motic mentioned the link above are possible alternatives. Stacking and high quality photography aren't easy with the M5A, so for occasional snapshots it might be more straightforward to just hold your phone camera to the eyepiece.

Regards, Ichty

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

It is possible the meiji photo eyepiece will work well with the m5, since both are noncompensating systems, but not a guarantee.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic