Nikon CF N plan10x 0.30 160/0.17

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jurkovicovic

Nikon CF N plan10x 0.30 160/0.17

Post by jurkovicovic »

I have one unnecessary 10x objective Nikon CF N plan 10 0.30. 160/0.17.
If someone is interested in let me know via PM.
Everything is about agreement.
Sending to EU is preferred.
Objective is measured and certified here :)

https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... hp?t=41049
canon EOS *

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Am writing to add a second opinion that this model of objective is excellent. For a time, it was the best 10x objective known by members of this forum, producing many wonderful results. This lens' current results remain as good as ever--all that has changed is that now we have other options.

The Nikon N Plan 10x/0.30 160/0.17 is a finite objective, so should be used on a bellows or length of empty tubes (with no optics between objective and sensor). This lens has a working distance of 9.2mm--quite usable. While this objective is designated for use with a 0.17 cover slip, given its 0.30 numerical aperture, the presence or absence of a cover slip doesn't matter. (Aberrations from presence or absence of a cover slip are not noticeable at NA 0.30, though they become highly problematic at NA's above 0.30.)

If anyone would like to see butterfly scales shot with three different Nikon N Plan 10x/0.30 objectives, please PM me.

--Chris S.

jurkovicovic

Post by jurkovicovic »

Chris, thank you for additional information.
canon EOS *

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic