PZO PhS

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

PZO PhS

Post by Smokedaddy »

I am experimenting with my PZO Biolar and the K3Ph condenser and PhS objective (accessory kit) I have. Does anyone have direct experience with the PZO phase setups and this arrangement, meaning PhS? Just looking for some explanations if there are any to give. Since I am a novice I have no experience with this particular setup. Yes I have done some searching and read several articles but most are out of my understanding. I know this is phase because of the halos surrounding the diatoms, the false colors, and the circle artifacts outside of the focal plane. To me it looks more like my PZO Anoptral phase contrast setup. The stock PZO bulb lamp was used with the first image below. It was extremely difficult to get the illumination correct without seeing the filament in the background so I put a diffuser on top of the field lens. It's just a one shot image, no stacking.

The image below was shot with the same setup but using the LED illumination in place of the stock PZO bulb illuminator. I still had the same problem, meaning seeing the LED in the background. The illumination was turned way down with nearly dark background. Obviously I've cleaned up the background in Photoshop. This is a stacked image, 100 images in Zerene.

Oh, the next image is what it looked like through the eyepiece using the LED illuminator and shot with my smartphone. You can see the halos surrounding the diatom, the false colors and the circle artifacts.

Am I on track?
-JW:

grgh

Post by grgh »

Really pleased at that single shot image.
well done.
used to do astronomy.
and photography.
Zeiss Universal Phase contrast.
Zeiss PMII
B&L stereo zoom.

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... yet another image.

-JW:

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... last one.

... not bad for an old scope with original PhS objectives.

-JW:
Last edited by Smokedaddy on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saul

Post by Saul »

Great images !

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... thought I'd squeeze one more in.

-JW:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic