www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Apo-Componon HM 6.7/60 and Moth (Argina astrea)
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Apo-Componon HM 6.7/60 and Moth (Argina astrea)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaleun96

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Apo-Componon HM 6.7/60 and Moth (Argina astrea) Reply with quote

First proper test on my newly refactored stacking rig with a SK Apo-Componon HM 6.7/60 and Sony A6000.

160 photos at 0.035mm increments for a depth of field of 5.6mm and FOV of ~12mm (approx. 2x mag).

At 2 second intervals I completed this shoot in about 3 minutes. I might try pushing it down to 1 second intervals but the flash might not be able to keep up.

Subject is a long dead moth acquired from bugmaniac. I bought this back in the winter when there weren't too many living things out and about.

100% crop:
leonardturner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Schneider lens seems to be giving you very good contrast and excellent sharpness. I think you have a winner here!

Leonard
kaleun96

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Leonard, I was also quite impressed! I had tried the Nikon Scanner Nikkor ED (7 element version) and some other lenses but I couldn't quite get the contrast I was after.

Full resolution version for zooming can be found here:
https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/a7352a470e514310a5ca3272afa59801
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: