www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - dragonfly
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
dragonfly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brundle Fly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: dragonfly Reply with quote

I took this shot during my outing to the local national park. I used live view with the camera outstretched in front of me over some blades of grass in a lake. It wasn't the most comfortable shooting pose so as a result not much is in focus but after opening the file on the computer I couldn't resist sharing it. Sometimes the less technical shots are the most pleasing.

Dalantech

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the light and the color!

My .02: Next time don't shoot the subject head on, and don't center it. If possible move off to one side and use the rule of thirds (or leading lines) to compose it. The perch being out of focus right in front of the critter's face is very distracting, but you could have avoided it, and gotten more of the critter and its perch in focus, if you had shot the dragon from the side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: