SOLD Nikon DS-FI2 mic camera with DS-I3 tablet controller

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Scarodactyl

SOLD Nikon DS-FI2 mic camera with DS-I3 tablet controller

Post by Scarodactyl »

SOLD
Nikon DS-FI2 microscope camera, DS-I3 tablet display/controller
800 dollars plus shipping, comes with a Diagnostic Instruments .63x 38mm adapter.

Asking 850usd including free US shipping.

Hi everyone,
I had a chance to buy this system from a former dealer when I was having my Nikon SMZ-1500 repaired and serviced. It was a sales unit and in great shape. It's a basic 4mp microscope camera by Nikon, and comes with a cool tablet controller which lets you easily control the camera, preview and display your images and take and store photos on a CF card.
I know most people here have fairly advanced camera systems but this might be a good one for a secondary/demonstration system. The controller is a lot of fun and great for showing off a live view. It is easy and fun to use, I just haven't ended up using it enough so I thought I'd put it up for what I paid for it.
Here are a few pictures of it on the smz-1500, and a few photos taken on it.

One thing the seller told me was that they had replaced the power supply, and had to convert the one they used to Nikon's unusual center negative setup. So even though the power supply says center positive it is center negative, so don't try and use a center positive power supply on it.

(As a side-note, if you're interested in the whole set/SMZ-1500 also drop me a line, my brother/business partner is increasingly impatient with how much business money I have tied up in stereo scopes [we're a jewelry business so I can't even argue he's wrong], so much as I love it I'm ready to let it go).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic