www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Tiny yellow spider and brown beetle w/ Laowa 25mm
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tiny yellow spider and brown beetle w/ Laowa 25mm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremylavine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: Tiny yellow spider and brown beetle w/ Laowa 25mm Reply with quote

My first photos in the field with the Laowa 25mm 2.5-5x on my Sony a6500 APS-C. I find it much, much trickier than using the Sigma 150mm at 1:1 - not only the shallower depth of field, but also the shorter working distance and the lack of electronic aperture control are real challenges. I just got the matching ring LED from Laowa and hope that helps with focusing.

Post-processed in Lightroom. I used brush filters with texture, clarity, sharpness pushed down and noise reduction pushed up in the out-of-focus parts of the image, and texture pushed up in the in-focus parts.

MarkSturtevant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i think these turned out very well. This should be a hard lens to use in the field as you say, and I am very interested in getting it (one day). Interesting that the ring led did not leave ring-shaped highlights.
Do you brace yourself on something, like a solid surface?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: