www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - new mineral pictures
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
new mineral pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soldevilla

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: new mineral pictures Reply with quote

This weekend I was able to take some photos of minerals. I still try to define what is the reason that worsens my photos when I use x20 or more amplification.

I am really pleased with the results that I get with the x4 and with the x10 (despite being the x4 is an unmarked Chinese brand). But when I work with less than 2mm FOV the definition degrades a lot, and unfortunately many of the samples that I offer to photograph are very small.

Geopressure

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Soldevilla,

Nice clear images and good color..You didn't identify the minerals so I will guess Calcite, Cinnabar, and Pyromorphite?
soldevilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluorite, sphalerite and yes, piromorphite. All samples from Euskadi, Spain.
Larry45

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: degraded sharpness Reply with quote

Hi Soldevilla,

Your photography embodies my vision for my photomachrography. Wonderfull work.

I, too, have trouble with the 20x objective. Someone suggested that I switch from constant light to flash and I got a marked improvement. I set my flash at manual 1/16. The person said that this setup produces a very quick, 1/5000, light which freezes all movement.

Maybe, one day, I will be able to share my work with you.

Regards,
Larry
soldevilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fot your comments.

I used continuous light, then a flash light, I modified some flashes to be able to use a light that can help to see the highlights and shadows and in the end I have used my old IKEA LEDs again. I start my StackShot and I leave the room ...
nanometer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all excellent, but I especially like the third, and I'll bet they all would be very nice in stereo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: