About the Leica Wild M10

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

josemary

About the Leica Wild M10

Post by josemary »

Hello all from Spain:

I have recently purchased a Leica Wild M10 with an planapo 1.6x objective. Since the working distance is very short, about 19 mm, I have problems to manipulate the samples. I know that it is possible to detach the ring at the end of the objective in order to have easier access to the sample. I have not seen any screw in that ring, only 2 lateral holes. Does any one knows how to detach that ring marked with arrow in the pictures ?

Another 2 questions: 1) can a trinocular head from a Wild M8 be used on the Leica Wild M10. 2) Can a coaxial illuminator from a Wild M8 be used in the Leica Wild M10 ?

Thanks,
José María

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Hi,

I do not know how to deattach the ring on the objective but most likely it is just screwed on the lens.

Answers to the two other questions: yes and yes.

By the way, the objective glass seems very dirty. You should absolutely clean it but very carefully.
Last edited by Rorschach on Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

josemary

Post by josemary »

Thank you very much, Rorschach.
I have tried to strongly rotate the ring without success¡
And yes, the objective is extremely dirty. I will clean it with absolute alcohol.

josemary

Post by josemary »

As Rorschach said, the adapter ring was screwed on the objective. I finally could remove it by introducing an iron rod in one of the holes and pounding it with a hammer.

Thank you very much!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic