Trying to improve

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

soldevilla

Trying to improve

Post by soldevilla »

After a season dedicated to astronomy I have devoted recently to discover how to increase the resolution of my pictures. I love those images that have no overflow of color that show good sharpness. I do not complain about my results, but I see better images than mine and that pushes me to investigate what makes that difference.

It is true that photographing minerals every time I find every day with smaller samples. many times submillimeter, and that complicates the work.
I have been testing several optical sets with my finite Nikon 40x. Only with extension tubes, in front of a zoom lens 100-200, in front of a Russian 135 lens and in front of a Rodenstock of 180. Thank God, I have a 3D printer and I should not throw my money in expensive threaded adapters .. I do not see clear differences between the results. Some friends have told me about the cameras. Is it possible that the drop in quality that I perceive is due to the two low pass filters of my Canon reflex camera? I can not doubt about the quality of my microscope objectives or the quality of photographic lenses ... I can only suspect my DSLR.
Any opinion?

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

soldevilla wrote: I have been testing several optical sets with my finite Nikon 40x. ...
... I can not doubt about the quality of my microscope objectives or the quality of photographic lenses ... I can only suspect my DSLR.
Any opinion?
Are you sure?
40X...What NA?
Even with a very good 40X objective in most cases a DSLR sensor will outresolve it, excepted high NA immersion models.
More data and sample images would be convenient to understand your issues.
Pau

soldevilla

Post by soldevilla »

Thanks, Pau.
My 40x is a Nikon M Plan 0,5 ELWD. And the last image, with the Rodenstock 180 is below. The FOV is 0,7mm. and it is overproccesed, I use deconvolutions, Photoshop was not enougth...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic