FS Olympus Pen-F

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

pierre

FS Olympus Pen-F

Post by pierre »

After struggling with tethering the body, I give-up.

Sell Pen-F as new in original box vs invoice & accessories with exception of the flash.

Very few actuations (only used with electronic shutter).

Great for stacking even with flash. Captor is impressive. The only minius point is the lack of USB remote control.

640€, shipping not included.

Hope it will interresting for some budy.
Regards

Pierre

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Have you tried Olympus Image Share app on smartphone? It works on my Android phone, though does not seem to allow complex precise control.

Olympusman

Olympus PEN-F

Post by Olympusman »

When I was in tech support at Olympus, everyone in our department moaned to Japan about taking computer camera control out of the DSLRs starting with all Micro-Four Thirds cameras. We kept telling them they would lose business in camera sales and sales of Olympus Studio software.

This capability was hidden in some amateur cameras but that also diminished as model cycles rolled on. It got so bad that the guy that developed the Pine Tree computer camera control software just shut it down. (Nice guy, too).

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

Olympusman

PEN F

Post by Olympusman »

The ##### in my post is a popular vernacular term for complaining.

Respect the Filter

Mike

[EditCR I already altered it to clear the stars! Some words are marginal]
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

pierre

FS Olympus Pen-F

Post by pierre »

Dear,

Thank you for the answers.

I have tried the use with smartphone but the controle is limited and is quite heavy to use and does not allow automated control.

A better alternative for PC is using the Wifi connection and Camera Control.
A nice piece of software, no longer supported but able to Provide LV an remote controle. Added with ZS via Robot, automation is working just fine.
But wifi and USB does work together so for quite heavy stacks (over 100 shots / stack), and CC don't allow H Res shots.
Regards

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic