A new toy .. "Focus Bracketing"

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

nitja

Post by nitja »

¡Hola Antonio!
Very nice work indeed!
I'm struggling with similar subjects and scenes. Focus bracketing is no problem. But what (software) do you use for stacking the photos?

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

nitja wrote:¡Hola Antonio!
Very nice work indeed!
I'm struggling with similar subjects and scenes. Focus bracketing is no problem. But what (software) do you use for stacking the photos?
I'm sorry.. I did not see this before ..
I'm using both Zerene Stacker and Helicon Focus...

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Antonio, most of the pictures at the top of this thread now appear to me as unavailable, which is a pity. I'm sure that was unintentional.

With Admin hat, I'll add a post in the FAQ section for external image links. :-k
Chris R

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

ChrisR wrote:Antonio, most of the pictures at the top of this thread now appear to me as unavailable, which is a pity. I'm sure that was unintentional.

With Admin hat, I'll add a post in the FAQ section for external image links. :-k
I'm sorry.. did not notice that....

The reason is I deleted my Flicker account last January and decided to start a new one because of the new Flicker rules and restrictions to free accounts...
I tried to trim and reorganize the old account to match the new rules but it turned out to be a quite impossible task.
So as I decided to pay and get a "pro" account, I thought it was better to delete and start uploading again only what's relevant to me...

My new account is now very organized and a true database of my activity... I'm trying to keep all the fotos organized in albums, extensively tagged and with descriptions... organized by species, setup used, method used, location, lens used, camera used etc....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/themacroshed/albums

Also many of the exif and procedures of every photo were registered on my Facebook posts.. but after all those scandals about Cambridge Analytica and elections interference etc.. I decided to abandon all the social networks and avoid at any cost to use Google products .. moved all my internet activity to Mozilla, DuckDuckGo, Protonmail etc...
We are all feeding a very ugly troll.. :).. as they say.. on the Internet when it's "free" you are the product...
I'm trying to make Flicker my only "journal" .. .

When I get home today I will rebuild the links, as I still having the pictures.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

No problem Antonio - I suspected something like that. You're right, it's an ugly troll, for sure.
I took the opportunity to do a FAQ:
FAQ: Posting pictures as links to external pictures
Chris R

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic