Flicker, macrophotography and kinky erotism...

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Yawns

Flicker, macrophotography and kinky erotism...

Post by Yawns »

Because of the new flicker rules after January I was having two options .. or to pay a "pro" account and keep everything... or spending a lot of time pruning the less good photos.

I got a bit undecided and could not make my mind ...so I did both.
Got a subscription and deleted the entire account .. a fresh start with a "pro" account, more organised, more selective, everything well "tagged", in albums... and detailed description for every photo (the ones I can remember or collect data) ...

and things started to go a bit weird ...
in a very short time I had an unusual number of views .. and that only with a handful of photos uploaded .. and in the new account I do not even have yet one single follower ..

where are wll those views coming from...

... about 80%-90% of the flicker people who visualize my macro photographs, are looking for bizarre erotic stimulation (to put it in a civilised way and do not use "slang" ...)

Now that I have a "pro" account I can see the more detailed statistics
and see the origin of the views to soem extent ...
The people who are looking for "macro photography" and come to my Flicker are a small minority ... (very disappointing)

Almost all of the hits in my photos come from the Flicker search engine and the recurrent search words responsible for all this traffic are.

"Flashing" - The act of show the genitals or other parts of the body briefly lifting or lowering a piece of clothing ... :)

and "Nylon Layers" - it seems that there are male people who get excited wearing nylon stockings from top to toe .. or getting restrained with several layers of Nylon pants like a mummy.

The "flashing" is obvious ... comes from the flash tags and photo description..
"Nylon layers" comes from the fact that in the description of the photos, I have "2 nylon fabric layers" in the detailed description of the diffuser used ...

It's not fair. Neither to me nor to them ...We are both very disappointed.

Me thinking .. finally I got popular, ...and the truth is I'm just luring perversion...
Them looking for "motivation" and getting in return detailed flies and bees...

[/u]

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I've heard of people who hide invisible text in their websites with words like those you mentioned, to increase their hit rate so they can brag or sell more advertising....

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

Lou Jost wrote:I've heard of people who hide invisible text in their websites with words like those you mentioned, to increase their hit rate so they can brag or sell more advertising....
:) ... clever buggers...

I thought Flicker was more clean of sexual content .. at least I never realised it before...

Tumblr is plagued with sexual content ... but they will erase all the accounts after next Monday, the 17th ...

Photomicro

Post by Photomicro »

Unfortunately this is very much the case.

Two views of the same diatom (Pinnularia sp) of mine had very differing hits. It took me a while to realise the most popular (by 20x) was merely because it was the girdle view.

Sad in many ways.
regards, Mike.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66189529@N08/

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

On one occassion I got a 'like' and a comment of a few random pictures on my flickr page from someone writing in Cyrillic. Curious, I went to their link and got an eyeful of a very sexy Russian model in lingerie! So they were just fishing to get clicks.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic