Macro Varon MTFs are Available

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Macro Varon MTFs are Available

Post by RobertOToole »

Some interesting info from Schneider.

Schneider EU, schneiderkreuznach.com/, posted some new info October including a new datasheet for the Macro Varon with MTFs.

This is interesting, they also updated a few Componons including new MTFs.
Some data has changed for example the 4/28 magnification used to be listed as 0.5 – 0.05 in one data sheet, then in another it's 0.05 - 0.04, now its just 0.50.

This is the updated info for select lenses with NA and Res.

Direct link to the MV PDF:

https://schneiderkreuznach.com/applicat ... 4-5_85.pdf

For more lenses, only a few have been updated:

https://schneiderkreuznach.com/en/compa ... /downloads

To access the other data sheets:

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Wow, that is quite an update to their site! All the data is now available.

Edited to add: I have been interested in the 50mm Micro-Symmar for a while, but am even more so now that the data sheet is available. It's optimized for 3.5x, and the MTF's look great. But alas, none available used...

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:Wow, that is quite an update to their site! All the data is now available.

Edited to add: I have been interested in the 50mm Micro-Symmar for a while, but am even more so now that the data sheet is available. It's optimized for 3.5x, and the MTF's look great. But alas, none available used...
Yes, looks like a great lens, read somewhere its been discontinued now.

Got a price on it new, all I remember is that is a "forget about it" number.

Robert

dy5

Post by dy5 »

The Micro-symmar is definitely discontinued. I had one on order recently, but the company quickly cancelled the order saying that they had run out of components to build any more. The salesman said that a previous buyer had ordered a large quantity, which had wiped out their remaining supply. Who knows ... maybe that means some will eventually show up on the used market.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

dy5 wrote:The Micro-symmar is definitely discontinued. I had one on order recently, but the company quickly cancelled the order saying that they had run out of components to build any more. The salesman said that a previous buyer had ordered a large quantity, which had wiped out their remaining supply. Who knows ... maybe that means some will eventually show up on the used market.
Thanks for the info.

I notice most newer product for sale on the used market like Rayfact and Schneider line scan is in manufacturing centers in other parts of the world like Shenzhen / Guangzhou area in China, South Korea, Malaysia at least thats were you see it for sale mostly so we might see a micro-symmar pop up there first.

The used market has really changed over there the last couple of years, maybe the Chinese economy slowing down had a big effect.

My Mag.x 5x came from South Korea where two dealers had 5-6 each. My lens serial is 0006 so I am guessing not many were ever built.

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic