1st time using an objective

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

photosbytw

1st time using an objective

Post by photosbytw »

I got a cheap Chinese finite objective just to play with as I've never used any objective before. I didn't expect any great images and I wasn't disappointed..........these lens not of any real use but I needed to get my feet wet as it were. This is the second attempt.

Canon 7d with 10x finite objective
Bellows W/ EF12 &25 extension tubes
Shotstacker @30um for 34 images
3 speedlites @ 1/128th power
WD 1/4"
FOV 1.5mm

Any and all comments welcome.........and advice when it comes to using an microscope objectives.

One problem is the red that keeps appearing which I've surmised is the speedlites talking to each other. How do I eliminate this?
Since I have retired and I've rekindled a love for photography. I don't take myself serious but I do take creating interesting and well executed images seriously.

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

Looks a perfectly good image to me. Nice one.

You don't say what brand of speedlites, but I don't think they usually "talk" over visible wavelengths. If not radio then they're usually IR (I think). And all the "talking" happens pre-exposure anyway.

Could you have the focus assist lamp(s) enabled? That would do it - if you have the shutter open (for a longish exposure) prior to firing the flashes. If your exposure time is at the usual flash sync speed (1/160th to 1/250th depending on brand) then no idea. Sorry.

Edit: or it could just be the effect I commented on here...
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=37599

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic