Canon to Fuji Adapter

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rextilleon

Canon to Fuji Adapter

Post by rextilleon »

Anyone have any experience using an adapter to use Canon lenses on a FujiX system camera. I'm particularly interested in adapting the Canon MP-E 65mm Macro lens to my T-2   If anyone has done this, what make adapter can you recommend?  

Miljenko

Post by Miljenko »

I'm using generic (no name) adapters for Nikon, Leica and both normal length and short M42 lenses from Ebay on my X-T2 without any problems. Didn't have an opportunity to try any Canon lens though. I understand that Canon lens aperture is controlled by electric motor so you might have a problem with that part.
Regards,
Miljenko
All things are number - Pythagoras

rextilleon

Post by rextilleon »

I heard that there might be a problem with Canon--thats why I asked.

Miljenko

Post by Miljenko »

Steelsring just anounced AF and aperture capable EOS to Fuji adapter. As far as I know, it is still not available in shops. More details here: https://www.fujirumors.com/worlds-first ... teelsring/

Best.
Mike

Miljenko

Post by Miljenko »

BTW, I have found no less than 44 different camera mounts to Fuji adapters! Here I have entered all of them into Excel spreadsheet along with calculated extension lenghts and current Ebay prices.
Hoping it might help Fuji users.

Best.
Miljenko

rextilleon

Post by rextilleon »

Wow thank you so much for the spreadsheet!!

StoryInPictures

Post by StoryInPictures »

Fringer and Cambo both make Fuji adapters which allow for aperture control.

I have not used either, but I have read some reports on the Fuji X forum.
@storyinpictures_com

rextilleon

Post by rextilleon »

I contacted the folks at Fringer and they had not tested the adapter with the Canon MPE65. I understand that there are plenty of options out there for basic Canon lenses--but not so sure about the MPE65 and thats the only one I would need to adapt.

gene.rodrigues

Post by gene.rodrigues »

rextilleon wrote:I contacted the folks at Fringer and they had not tested the adapter with the Canon MPE65. I understand that there are plenty of options out there for basic Canon lenses--but not so sure about the MPE65 and thats the only one I would need to adapt.
The Fringer Pro adapter and MP-E work well together. Fringer has not had the opportunity to use the lens with the adapter to verify compatability. The Standard Fringer adapter without the iris should also work using a camera dial to adjust the iris.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic