www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Wanted: Wild HU photo tube for Wild M20.
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wanted: Wild HU photo tube for Wild M20.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viktor j nilsson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Wanted: Wild HU photo tube for Wild M20. Reply with quote

I've been asking in a couple of places already, apologies to those of you that have seen this before.

Over the last year, I've been putting together a nice 'frankenscope' using a Wild M20 base, Wild Aplanatic-Achromatic condenser, Leitz Heine condenser (found one for $20!) and Nikon CF objectives (4x & 10x & 40x E plan, 20x CFN plan, 40x CFN plan phase) +a Lomo water immersion 70x 1.23 phase objective.

However, there is one critical part missing: a phototube.

Ideally, I want to find the HU phototube with the three-position switch. But I could probably live with the H version with a fixed 25%/75% beam splitter (but the Heine eats so much light I'd prefer the HU one!).

I've been burned a couple of times recently buying things from US surplus sellers on eBay, and those mistakes get really expensive when you're located in Europe. So I would much rather buy from someone here.

So: is there anyone out there with a nice, clean Wild M20 photo tube that they are willing to give up for a fair price?
Perl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Might have one
How do i look ?
any Pic ?

Regards
Pär
viktor j nilsson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pär, that would be amazing.

This is what they look like. Note the silver ring on the HU version that is used to change between the three beam splitter positions.

/Viktor
viktor j nilsson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Pär didn't have that type of phototube.

So I am still looking!
viktor j nilsson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I emailed an offer of $150 for the HU phototube that's been sitting on eBay for a while with a $269 price tag. The seller accepted, and confirmed that it was in "excellent optical condition", so hopefully I can get the money back if it's not. It'll cost me a bit more than I'd like with shipping and taxes, but I can live with that if it works. Hopefully I'm set now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: