www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Dimage 5400 Attempted Purchase
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dimage 5400 Attempted Purchase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mawyatt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Dimage 5400 Attempted Purchase Reply with quote

I found a damaged Damage 5400 on eBay and and made an offer shipping included, the seller (ambiorguerrer) countered with an offer with lower shipping, I agreed. After trying to work out PayPal for lower shipping, seller claimed I canceled order, which I didn't!! Seller probably later realized he could get more, and canceled my order. Should have known from a seller with a 98% rating.

So no Dimage 5400 lens Sad

Best,
mawyatt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update,

eBay stepped in to review the dialog and agreed that I hadn't canceled the order as stated by the seller (seller actually canceled the order) and eBay started a "seller investigation", whatever that is. Anyway the seller quickly changed his tune and sold the DImage 5400 at the agreed price without additional shipping. I've received the item, it's a little more banged up than described with a few extra dents in the case, but arrived intact.

I've removed the lens per Robert's instructions, and it seems in good shape. Now waiting on the RMS adapter from Rafcamera to optically check it out Very Happy

Best,
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may have told him they were going to extract the commission from his paypal account anyway, as he had had an acceptable offer. They can do that, it's been in their rules for a year or so.
They claimed it's designed to stop people going outside ebay.
ray_parkhurst

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news Mike! I look forward to seeing how you will use the lens, and to seeing some images taken with it...Ray
dolmadis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37800 ?

Looking forward to your findings.

BR

John
mawyatt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolmadis wrote:
And http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37800 ?

Looking forward to your findings.

BR

John

John,

Wondering if anyone has been able to configure this lens (for example, aperture size & location with another lens?) in a somewhat telecentric manner. This would be beneficial for stack & stitch sessions.

Best,
dolmadis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

It would be excellent if there was a tried good telecentric arrangement for stacking/stitching.

I have only just received my lens and have ordered the adapter.

Hope someone has had time to assess this.

BR

John
Lou Jost

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we wouldn't want to add an aperture since that will add to diffraction. There may be a close-up lens that would make it telecentric for some magnification, but in the past I have only had luck using this method with longef focal length lenses, not such a short lens. Worth exploring though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: