ProOptics 12K Line Scan Lens

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jurkovicovic

Post by jurkovicovic »

It looks really good.

Where I can buy it? I cant find any information about prices, no shop offers it. Some pics with higher magnifation could be usefull.
canon EOS *

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

thanks.

I found it in an industrial automation surplus shop in Shenzhen, China. I think they do have a shop on Taobao (Chinese eBay), but I am not sure if that helps.

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

I messed it up, the pin is showing (I PS'ed out segment outside the body, but the pin is showing at where there is white spot). But I think it is pretty good, not sure if I can catch another one. So here it is.

100% crop

100% crop

100% crop Image

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

To conclude with this lens by making it telecentric -- adding a spacer between the back of the lens and the M42 aperture. Note depending on every setup, the spacing distance will vary, but the idea is the same. With this particular configuration, the scale factor is down to about 3.8% for an 151 images stack at 80um step size (12mm deep stack), this comes down to about 0.026% for each pair of images, not ideal, but I think I can tweak it more to make it better.

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

I just love its long working distance, don't know if I can work with Mitutoyo QV 2.5x anymore. It is still very sharp even at 2x, well over its design of 1.3x

100% crop

anoldsole

Telecentricity

Post by anoldsole »

Regarding the telecentricity, any difficulties stitching with the current setup? Great find btw!

mjkzz

Re: Telecentricity

Post by mjkzz »

anoldsole wrote:Regarding the telecentricity, any difficulties stitching with the current setup? Great find btw!
Thanks, but I have not tried stack and stitch yet, the LONG working distance is a "problem" -- too long for my current table, need a bigger table. Will set it up soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic