Wall-mounted vertical rig

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

mjkzz wrote: My next post after the post for infinite objective is the only solution I can think of -- use two rails, one moves the lens (vertically) and one moves the camera (horizontally) but they move in tandem, ie, if lens moves down by 5um, the camera moves forward by 5um, so that the total distance along the optical path matches what your lens requires.

I have very little knowledge of optics and optical system, so please take my ideas with a grain of salt :D
There may be no need to move the camera, even in a finite system. Stacking by moving the objective alone is a perfectly valid method, similar to stacking by lens focusing being discussed for use at lower magnifications.

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

Ray,

I have not played with finite objectives and do not know how they behave. Like I said before, I have very little knowledge about optics and optical system, all these terms are mind boggling to me :D

But maybe I should get some finite objectives and play with them, they seem to be cheap.

Anyways, I take your word for it, thanks.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

The AmScope 4X Robert discovered, and Lomo 3.7 are nice finite lenses and very reasonable ($18 and ~$50 respectively).

https://www.closeuphotography.com/4x-le ... 00-dollars

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic