www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Lucky Find
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lucky Find

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjkzz

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Lucky Find Reply with quote

A vendor asked me to try out one of his Mitutoyo 5X M Plan APO in really bad condition, I knew he had it for 2 years because I bought a QV 2.5x from him and I saw this one, but I could not resist the price (150USD). So I took the chance and tried it and it turned out to be a keeper Very Happy

The objective:

Canon 6D in EFCS mode
Mitutoyo 5x + Raynox 150 as tube lens
201 Images at 20um step size
MJKZZ Ultra Rail Kit
Two studio strobes (Godox 400W) triggered at mid-curtain
Plastic sheet domed over subject
Zerene Stacker

Here is a video sequenced from these 201 images. It is amazing to see how it progresses. I wish Zerene has an option to dump a stacked image at EACH step so I can sequence a video in stacking progress.
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Lucky Find Reply with quote

mjkzz wrote:
in really bad condition,
The objective:

What a beautiful demonstration of junky appearance, works fine!

Quote:
I wish Zerene has an option to dump a stacked image at EACH step so I can sequence a video in stacking progress.

That's occasionally requested, but it's not near the top of the priority list. In lieu of that, I suggest video screen capture with the frame rate slowed down to more closely match the processing speed.

--Rik
mjkzz

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Rik.

Here is a video I did using SnapIt on a 2.5K monitor (2560x14400), had to record 15 minutes video and sped it up. I will probably "hack" Zerene and write an app to take screen snapshots at some interval, compare it, if changed, save it. The drawback is, to get 1080P, I need a 4K monitor Very Happy
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjkzz wrote:
2.5K monitor (2560x14400) ... The drawback is, to get 1080P, I need a 4K monitor Very Happy

I'm missing something. I would expect that by maximizing the output image window and sliding the vertical divider far left, while using a 2560 x 1440 monitor, you could get the output window to be at least 1920 x 1080 pixels. Have I misunderstood the goal, or does it not work out that way?

--Rik
mjkzz

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, the image list window is moveable Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: