www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Looking for help with specimen contrast / lighting
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for help with specimen contrast / lighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnyM

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manu de hanoi wrote:
-are the angled parts blurry just in the final stack or are they blurry too in individual layers ?
-DSLR being closer to the objective as pictured should help you getting good depth of field at the expense of magnification/resolution.
-250 pics for a stack sound like a lot, sometimes less is more (but that depends on you answer to my 1st question)

-Blury in individual layers
-DSLR is literally as close as possible, way below required 160mm
-Number of steps is result of 20x/0.4 providing rougly 3um DOF/slice and subject being almost 1mm thick. According to my math, DOF goes to ~4um with 5x magnification and then this lens is working like a bottle bottom.

[quote]

@ChrisR: Thanks for the ideas.
Gobos sounds interesting. I think i need more magic arms...
Crossed polars might do wonders as they do with epi illumination. Worth a try, but setting up cross pol on 4 jansjos might be a nightmare. Let's see what my shaky hands can do about it.
Coloured? You mean rheinberg? Sadly fancy colors are out of question, unless i end up with converting it to grayscale after (if they help with contrast). I have some Lee gel filters, i'll give it a try.
If you mean hoffman, isn't it basically what angled (oblique) light do in this case?
UV does work, i dont know how well, because specimen degrade blindingly fast, and whole point in going optical instead of SEM is to preserve it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: