Euophrys frontalis(?) - male jumping spider

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Beatsy

Euophrys frontalis(?) - male jumping spider

Post by Beatsy »

This started out as a test subject (http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 7&start=19) but came out quite well after a little doctoring in post. The FoV is ~4mm, stack of 555 images taken with 10x Mitty. The tube lens was a 105mm f/2.8 Pentax Super Takumar on a Sony A7rii running in APS-C crop mode.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Steve,

Very nice image with the Pentax 105 and Mitty 10X. That combo with Sony A7 certainly works well as you've shown :D

I'm wondering if the Nikon body will behave as well, since the camera flange to sensor distance is longer than Sony or Canon, which will place the Pentax 105 a few mm further from the sensor? My guess is it won't madder much.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

JH

Post by JH »

Hi
A lovely picture, as usual.
Best regards
Jörgen Hellberg
Jörgen Hellberg, my webbsite www.hellberg.photo

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

mawyatt wrote:Steve,
I'm wondering if the Nikon body will behave as well, since the camera flange to sensor distance is longer than Sony or Canon, which will place the Pentax 105 a few mm further from the sensor? My guess is it won't madder much.
The A7rii has a very short flange distance but the M42 to E-Mount adapter fills the gap "just so". If the Nikon flange distance is longer than needed, I wonder if you'd have trouble focusing at infinity at all (the lens has a hard stop at infinity focus). I guess an adapter could sort-of "countersink" the M42 thread further into the Nikon body, but then you'd have to use live view as the mirror wouldn't be able to flap. Sounds a dodgy proposition to me, though I vaguely remember reading about such an arrangement - somewhere...

Roel Wijtmans

Post by Roel Wijtmans »

Such a beauty! Very nice photo of a very nice critter.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Beatsy wrote:
mawyatt wrote:Steve,
The A7rii has a very short flange distance but the M42 to E-Mount adapter fills the gap "just so". If the Nikon flange distance is longer than needed, I wonder if you'd have trouble focusing at infinity at all (the lens has a hard stop at infinity focus). I guess an adapter could sort-of "countersink" the M42 thread further into the Nikon body, but then you'd have to use live view as the mirror wouldn't be able to flap. Sounds a dodgy proposition to me, though I vaguely remember reading about such an arrangement - somewhere...
I'm sure you won't be able to focus at infinity with the Nikon body & standard 42mm to F mount adapter, but wonder if that will matter much in the final image rendering.
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

mawyatt wrote:I'm sure you won't be able to focus at infinity with the Nikon body & standard 42mm to F mount adapter, but wonder if that will matter much in the final image rendering.
Well, it wouldn't cost a lot to try it. If it doesn't work, I may have inadvertently created a small market you can offload it in. You're welcome :lol:

Olympusman

Jumper

Post by Olympusman »

Goddam, Beatsy, that is a beauty.

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

razashaikh

Post by razashaikh »

Great detailed shot!

Sumguy01

Post by Sumguy01 »

:smt038 Excellent photo.