www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Looking for help with selecting an objective.
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for help with selecting an objective.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tevans9129

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Looking for help with selecting an objective. Reply with quote

I have not learned how to make use of the search command as yet so would like to ask a question that no doubt has been previously answered. My knowledge of objective lens is minimal so I am looking for assistance from those that are knowledgeable if you would be so kind.

My intent is to upgrade my Amscope 4x to get better image quality, but, I need to stay around a limit of $200. The Edmundoptics #59-934 is one that I am considering or perhaps a used one from Ebay such as the Nikon 5x CF plan. It would be helpful if you would list perhaps three that you would recommend up to the $200 or so range.

My use is strictly for critters and I prefer to use a bellows. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ted
Saul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have good patience and luck- with this budget you can get Mitutoyo on ebay.
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Amscope 4x is it that you have, Ted? Is it the $17.50 one which did well in Robert Otoole's test? http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36028
It takes some detailed reading Wink

If so, then it may be you'd have a hard time reliably beating it, short of finding a fortunate bargain.
For "critter" pictures you may well be prepared to concentrate on the middle where Planapos should be sharper, but you'd be lucky to find one for $200.

There would be more choice/options with infinite objectives, for which you need a tube lens. The Mitutoyos are infinites, and you may well need to spend over your budget, for the objective without the tube lens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: