www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - bhs dic
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
bhs dic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ap

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: bhs dic Reply with quote

Hi everyone - I've been following this forum for some time and joined recently. It's an incredible resource for this field and I am truly appreciative to everyone who participates! I don't think I could have developed my interest in macro/micro photography with out the info I gathered from all of you. Thank you.

I'll try to make a formal intro with pictures soon, but I do have a question I wanted to ask now:

I have the opportunity to buy a BHS DIC setup with the 0.9 ucd condenser. The prisms in the condenser are unp (thus made for s plan or d plan objectives). I actually have s plan apo objectives primarily and am wondering whether the prisms will work with the apo objectives or whether I will need to find unpd prisms (which are actually meant for d plan apo but as per Charles (Krebs) work fine with the s plan apo). I've looked around for unpd prisms without luck - the seem to be vanishingly rare, as is the whole DIC setup for BHS nowadays.

Thank you, Andy
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, welcome aboard. I have deleted your duplicate topic in the other forum.

I do not know the answer to your BHS DIC question. Hopefully somebody who does will chime in.

--Rik
chanik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't critical that you have the exact prism so long as it is for the same magnification and not trying to use an oil prism with an air obj or vice versa. I have the 40x plan fluor prism for my 40x planapo nikon and still images wonderfully.
ap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi chanik - thank you so much for your reply. i just bought the scope and, as you said, all seems to be ok with the prisms
cheers, andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: