Cheap Manual Speedlights

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

ChrisR wrote:To me it means you don't use Live View - it drains the battery, heats the sensor (>> "hot" red pixels) and if you're on your rig, doesn't gain you anything.

I use the camera on manual, so turn the mode dial to an adjacent auto mode to get the LCD bright enough to see something in LV (ie out of Simulation mode),
then turn off LV and click to Manual for the stack. Then any flash/trigger is OK.
I pretty much HAVE to use live view for my outdoor macro, since it's virtually ALL at night. Of course I'm not taking dozens of consecutive exposures.

I was trying to use DSLR Controller until I have time this weekend to get my new Wemacro set up (I was waiting on an Arca Swiss adapter for the camera on the Wemacro).

Apparently DSLR Controller simply doesn't work without live view. (I don't think you can actually turn it off when using it for "focus bracketing" mode). I actually used it a few times with my Sigma TTL flash. I guess the T4i just doesn't like the Neewer trigger in that role. I wonder if a TTL compatible trigger would work. Unfortunately, I'm not having a lot of luck with Google searches.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic